Sacramento State beats Southern Utah 27-22
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Sacramento State came from behind in the fourth quarter to beat Southern Utah 27-22 on Saturday afternoon.
Garrett Safron was 21 of 29 attempts for 192 passing yards, including a 23-yard pass to Morris Norrise for a touchdown. In the third quarter, the Hornets (4-2, 2-1 Big Sky) turned up the scoring. Safron kept the ball and scored two touchdowns, including one following a 63-yard run. AJ Ellis scored on 2-yard run in the fourth to put the Hornets on top.
Brad Sorenson was 20 of 32 attempts for 327 passing yards for Southern Utah (2-4, 1-2 Big Sky). Griff McNabb scored on a 28-yard pass from Sorenson, and Colton Cook made three field goals, including a 43-yarder, and an extra point to put Southern Utah up 16-7 at halftime. But Southern Utah was unable to score in the fourth quarter.
The Hornets last won back-to-back road games in 2008.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes