Shannon, Doucet, McNamee among 10 Frick finalists
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) — Longtime St. Louis Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon, Canadian announcer Jacques Doucet and radio pioneer Graham McNamee are among the 10 finalists for the Ford C. Frick Award.
The honor is presented by the Hall of Fame for excellence in baseball broadcasting. The finalists were announced Tuesday and the award will be presented at the winter meetings on Dec. 4.
Tim McCarver won the award last year.
The other finalists this year are Tom Cheek, Ken Coleman, John Gordon, Bill King, Eric Nadel, Eduardo Ortega and Dewayne Staats.
Cheek, King and Doucet were the top three in online voting by fans. The other seven were picked by a Hall research committee.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents