Morris scores 14 points, Suns beat Blazers 104-93
PHOENIX (AP) — Markieff Morris scored 14 points to lead five players in double figures and the Phoenix Suns beat the Portland Trail Blazers 104-93 in their preseason home opener Friday night.
Morris had an eventful first half, scoring five points and committing four fouls in only 3:47 on the floor. But the second-year forward hit 4 of 5 shots in the second half as the Suns extended a seven point halftime lead to as many as 16.
Luis Scola, Wesley Johnson and Shannon Brown had 12 points each for the Suns, who led for all but the first 2:40 of the game. Michael Beasley added 10 points.
Damian Lillard scored 15 points, and Meyers Leonard and Nicolas Batum had 14 apiece for the Blazers.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister