Rangers claim Schmidt off waivers from Arizona
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have claimed catcher Konrad Schmidt off waivers from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The 28-year-old Schmidt played in four games for the Diamondbacks last season and spent the rest of the year at Triple-A Reno, batting .277 with seven home runs, 24 doubles and 47 RBIs in 93 games. He threw out 14 of 55 attempted base stealers, a 25.6 percent rate that was fifth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
In eight career major league games, Schmidt is 1 for 15 with two RBIs. The Ranges have added him to their 40-man roster, which now stands at 34 players.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday