No. 12 Oklahoma women win 69-48 at Creighton
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Aaryn Ellenberg scored 19 points Saturday and No. 12 Oklahoma won its opening game, beating Creighton 69-48.
Whitney Hand had 14 points and eight rebounds for the Sooners, who shot 48 percent from the field. Ellenberg was 8 for 12 from outside, including 3 for 4 from 3-point range.
Creighton led in the early going but Oklahoma took control midway through the first half, and led by double digits in the game's last 28 minutes.
Ally Jensen was the only player in double figures for the Bluejays, scoring 13 points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes