Saints scratch LB Shanle vs. Falcons
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The New Orleans Saints have scratched veteran linebacker Scott Shanle for Sunday's game against the unbeaten Atlanta Falcons.
The decision on Shanle was the only one by either team affecting a healthy regular. The Saints already had ruled out running back Darren Sproles with a broken left hand, right tackle Zach Strief with a left groin injury, defensive end Junior Galette with a sore left ankle and special teams regular Courtney Roby with a left shoulder injury. Other inactives include cornerback Elbert Mack and defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker.
Atlanta had previously ruled out linebacker Sean Weatherspoon with a right ankle injury, safety Charles Mitchell a calf strain and receiver Kevin Cone with a groin pull. Other Falcons inactives include guard Phillipkeith Manley, offensive tackle Lamar Holmes and defensive tackle Travian Robertson.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense