Dollar little changed in light trading
NEW YORK (AP) — The dollar is little changed against other major currencies ahead of the Christmas holiday Tuesday.
The stock market closed at 1 p.m. Monday, and many currency traders have taken the day off. The stock market will reopen Wednesday.
The euro rose to $1.3.183 in afternoon trading from $1.3176.
The British pound fell to $1.6128 from $1.6160.
The dollar rose to 84.83 Japanese yen from 84.23 Japanese yen.
The dollar slipped to 0.9154 Swiss franc from 0.9168 Swiss franc.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims