Dodgers announce 2013 coaching staff
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Dodgers have retained most of their coaching staff for 2013, with John Valentin serving as assistant to new hitting coach Mark McGwire.
Don Mattingly returns for his third season as manager after guiding the team to an 86-76 record last season.
Valentin served as hitting coach for Triple-A Albuquerque last season and Double-A Chattanooga in 2010. He has been in the Dodgers organization for six seasons and played 11 years in the major leagues.
McGwire was hired last week as hitting coach after three years in the same job with St. Louis.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond