News Summary: Thanksgiving travel seen up a bit
TALKING TURKEY: In its annual Thanksgiving travel forecast released Tuesday, AAA predicts 43.6 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home over the holiday.
TRAVEL WEARY: The auto club says the pent-up demand for travel seen following the recession appears to have dissipated. The predicted increase in travel this Thanksgiving is just 0.7 percent, compared with gains of 8 percent in 2010 and 6 percent a year ago.
ANOTHER HELPING: AAA says a stronger economy is needed to give travel demand a boost.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit