AP source: Marlins trade Josh Johnson to Blue Jays
MIAMI (AP) — A person familiar with the deal says the Miami Marlins have traded right-hander Josh Johnson to the Toronto Blue Jays.
The person confirmed the trade to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Tuesday because the teams weren't commenting amid talk they had agreed to a blockbuster deal.
Johnson, who led the NL in ERA in 2010, went 8-14 this year with a 3.81 ERA for the Marlins, who endured a dismal season in their new ballpark and began dismantling the team in July.
Johnson was limited to nine starts in 2011 because of right shoulder inflammation.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater