Nicholls State-Oregon State Preview Capsule
Nicholls State (1-9) at No. 16 Oregon State (8-3) 2:30 p.m. ET (Pac-12 Network)
Line: No line.
Series Record: First meeting.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
This game was supposed to be the season opener for both Nicholls State and Oregon State, but it got postponed when Hurricane Isaac took aim at the Colonels' Thibodeaux, La., campus and closed down the school. Nicholls State is struggling with a seven-game losing streak, while the Beavers are coming off a 48-24 loss to intrastate rival Oregon in the Civil War.
Nicholls State's passing offense against Oregon State's defense. The Colonels' receiving has improved this season and ranked third in the Southland Conference with an average of 226.9 yards a game. The Beavers are ranked third in the Pac-12 in pass defense, allowing an average of 227.6 yards a game.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Nicholls State: QB QB Landry Klann. The junior has 1,885 yards passing and needs just 115 to become the first ?rst 2,000-yard passer for the Colonels since Brad Zeller threw for 2,374 yards in 1998.
Oregon State: CB Jordan Poyer: The senior, a Pac-12 first-team selection, is tied for fourth in the nation with six interceptions this season. Overall, the Beavers have 17 interceptions, tied for sixth in the nation.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss