Miller, Vickerson say they'll appeal fines
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Von Miller and Kevin Vickerson are appealing fines they said they received from the NFL for hits on Carolina quarterback Cam Newton last weekend.
Miller's $21,000 fine was for a low hit, but Denver's star linebacker insists he was blocked into Newton and didn't come anywhere near his knees.
Vickerson's $15,000 fine was for a horse collar tackle that he insists was more of a swipe.
Miller said he had two fines overturned on appeal last year for hits on Mark Sanchez and he feels he has another strong case.
Vickerson said he hopes to at least have his fine reduced.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims