Miller, Vickerson say they'll appeal fines
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Von Miller and Kevin Vickerson are appealing fines they said they received from the NFL for hits on Carolina quarterback Cam Newton last weekend.
Miller's $21,000 fine was for a low hit, but Denver's star linebacker insists he was blocked into Newton and didn't come anywhere near his knees.
Vickerson's $15,000 fine was for a horse collar tackle that he insists was more of a swipe.
Miller said he had two fines overturned on appeal last year for hits on Mark Sanchez and he feels he has another strong case.
Vickerson said he hopes to at least have his fine reduced.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated