News Summary: Hostess to mediate with union
LET'S TALK TWINKIES: Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union agreed Monday to mediation, meaning the company won't go out of business just yet.
HOPE FOR HO HO'S: The maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's said it doesn't have much wiggle room and that an agreement will be needed by Tuesday night. CEO Greg Rayburn noted it's costing Hostess $1 million a day in payroll costs alone.
SWEET SUCCESS? Members of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union weren't present at the meeting. Their lawyer wouldn't predict how the talks might go.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction