Klein, Manziel, Te'o finalists for Maxwell
Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o are the finalists for the Maxwell Award, which goes to the nation's top college football player.
The finalists for the Maxwell and several other awards to be presented Dec. 6 in Orlando on ESPN were announced Tuesday.
Te'o is also a finalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, given to the top defensive player in the country. South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones are the other finalists.
Klein, Manziel and Ohio State's Braxton Miller are the finalists for the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award.
Finalists for other awards:
Biletnikoff Award (top receiver): Stedman Bailey, West Virginia; Marqise Lee, Southern California; Terrance Williams, Baylor.
Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award: Dustin Hopkins, Florida State; Cairo Santos, Tulane; Caleb Sturgis, Florida.
Ray Guy Award (top punter): Ryan Allen, Louisiana Tech; Kyle Christy, Florida; Scott Kovanda, Ball State.
Outland Trophy Interior Lineman: Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina; Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M; Barrett Jones, Alabama.
Jim Thorpe Award (top defensive back): Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State; Dee Milliner, Alabama; Phillip Thomas, Fresno State.
Doak Walker Award (top running back): Montee Ball, Wisconsin; Kenjon Barner, Oregon; Johnathan Franklin, UCLA.
John Mackey Award (top tight end): Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame; Zach Ertz, Stanford; Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81703Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31891Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29684Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24698Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8257Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7616Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7442Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday