News Summary: HP shareholder sues company, execs
LEGAL SALVO: A Hewlett-Packard Co. shareholder has filed a lawsuit alleging the company's executives concealed major problems that have turned two key acquisitions into financial albatrosses.
POINT OF CONTENTION: The complaint filed Monday in a San Francisco federal court focuses on the troubles that have saddled the technology company with billions in losses since it bought consulting service Electronic Data Systems in 2008 and business software maker Autonomy in 2011.
MARKET CARNAGE: The disappointing performances of EDS and Autonomy are partly responsible for HP's stock having lost half its value so far this year.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers