H: ° L: °,
Panthers place DT Edwards on injured reserve
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Coach Ron Rivera says the Panthers have placed starting defensive tackle Ron Edwards on injured reserve with a dislocated left elbow and running back Jonathan Stewart could miss some time with a high ankle sprain.
Both players were injured in Carolina's 30-22 win over Philadelphia on Monday night.
Edwards, a 12-year NFL veteran, started all 11 games for the Panthers this season and has 14 tackles and one sack. His statistics don't are not an indication of his full value to the Panthers. He often commands double-team blocks in the middle.
Carolina signed defensive tackle Frank Kearse from the practice squad, but Rivera wouldn't say who'll start in Edwards' spot this Sunday at Kansas City.
Rivera says DeAngelo Williams will start at running back if Stewart is unable to play.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister