Chargers lose S Bigby for season with groin injury
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The San Diego Chargers placed strong safety Atari Bigby on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday because of a groin injury and signed linebacker Bront Bird.
Bigby, who started all 11 games, was hurt in the first half Sunday in a 16-13 overtime loss to Baltimore.
Bird played in nine games with the Chargers in 2011 after making the squad as an undrafted rookie from Texas Tech. He was released during final roster cuts in August.
The Chargers also filled a vacancy on their practice squad by signing safety Sean Cattouse, an undrafted rookie from California.
Also Tuesday, it appeared the Chargers are headed for their second straight local TV blackout and third this season. The team says nearly 12,000 tickets need to be sold by 1:25 p.m. Thursday or the game will be blacked out in Southern California.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in