Share “Last teen released from hospital after...”

Last teen released from hospital after class fire

Published on NewsOK Modified: November 30, 2012 at 5:04 am •  Published: November 30, 2012
Advertisement

CARLISLE, Pa. (AP) — A student hospitalized overnight after a fireball erupted in a central Pennsylvania eighth grade classroom has been released.

The student was one of seven who needed medical attention after a science experiment went awry Wednesday at Wilson Middle School in Carlisle.

The teen was released from Johns Hopkins Hospital on Thursday after undergoing treatment for burns to his face and torso.

Carlisle Fire and Rescue Chief John Heberlig says a preliminary investigation indicates a teacher was igniting rubbing alcohol when the experiment went wrong.

The teacher put out the fire with a classroom extinguisher. Five students were burned and two others were treated for smoke inhalation.


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Facebook Takes a Step Into Education Software
  2. 2
    50 incredible bars you should drink at in your lifetime
  3. 3
    Kim Davis is a Democrat. Why does that matter?
  4. 4
    Watch Oklahoma's top mental health officer dress, dance as Michael Jackson
  5. 5
    Tahlequah police tighten patrols in response to high-profile cases of violence toward officers
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending news Article