Preliminary designs released for new Seattle arena
SEATTLE (AP) — Investor Chris Hansen has released preliminary design options for the exterior of a proposed NBA arena in Seattle.
The images were released on Friday. The city's design review board is expected to go over the preliminary plans on Dec. 11.
Three different designs for the exterior were revealed, including a preferred option consisting of a rectangular building with the look of a cruise-ship on the top and a large public plaza. The design firm Hansen is using on the project, 360 Architecture, writes that the preferred option emphasizes the "front-door" toward downtown Seattle and maximizes the footprint of the arena site, but may lack an "iconic presence."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort