Seattle signs RHP Kinney, non-tender Andino
SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle Mariners agreed to a one-year contract with right-handed pitcher Josh Kinney on Friday, and didn't offer a contract to newly acquired infielder Robert Andino.
Andino was acquired in a trade with Baltimore on Nov. 20 in exchange for outfielder Trayvon Robinson, but now becomes a free agent because of the Mariners' decision not to offer him a contract. He can re-sign with Seattle, but the move leaves the Mariners' 40-man roster at 39.
Seattle also tendered contract offers for the 2013 season to pitchers Jason Vargas and Shawn Kelley, shortstop Brendan Ryan and catcher John Jaso. All four are arbitration eligible.
Kinney made 35 appearances for Seattle after making his debut in early July. He had a 3.94 ERA.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad