Suspected US drone strike kills 3 in Pakistan
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistani officials say a suspected U.S. missile strike has killed three militants in a Pakistani tribal region along the Afghan border.
Senior government official Shahid Ali says two drone-fired missiles hit a vehicle Saturday near the Sheen Warsak area of South Waziristan, killing a Yemeni militant and two others.
The attack was second this week in the same area. On Thursday, a missile strike on a house killed three alleged militants. Two intelligence officials say another Yemeni was killed in that strike.
The intelligence officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to brief reporters.
Pakistan's tribal regions are considered key hideouts for Taliban and al-Qaida fighters.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad