Suspected US drone strike kills 3 in Pakistan
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistani officials say a suspected U.S. missile strike has killed three militants in a Pakistani tribal region along the Afghan border.
Senior government official Shahid Ali says two drone-fired missiles hit a vehicle Saturday near the Sheen Warsak area of South Waziristan, killing a Yemeni militant and two others.
The attack was second this week in the same area. On Thursday, a missile strike on a house killed three alleged militants. Two intelligence officials say another Yemeni was killed in that strike.
The intelligence officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to brief reporters.
Pakistan's tribal regions are considered key hideouts for Taliban and al-Qaida fighters.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M