Officials say bomb kills 3 in southern Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Provincial officials say a suicide car bomber killed three civilians and wounded another six in Afghanistan's southern Uruzgan province.
Abdullah Himmat, a spokesman for the provincial governor, said Saturday's blast occurred near the police headquarters of Uruzgan's Dehra Wood district.
Fareed Ayal, a spokesman for the provincial police, says the car apparently detonated prematurely before it reached the gate of the headquarters.
Insurgents and Taliban fighters often use suicide bombers to target government buildings, convoys and foreign troops.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond