Sneijder again left out of Inter squad
MILAN (AP) — Wesley Sneijder has again been left out of Inter Milan's squad despite the club's insistence that it is not trying to force him into signing a new contract.
Sneijder has been sidelined for two months with injury but has now returned to fitness. On Saturday Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni said the Netherlands playmaker could feature on Sunday against Palermo as "he has trained well this week."
However, Sneijder was not in the 22-man squad named later in the day.
Inter caused a stir a week ago when club director Marco Branca said Sneijder wouldn't play again until he made a decision about his future, and a new deal which requires him to take a pay cut.
Sneijder is set for talks with the club on Monday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit