Singapore rallies to beat Laos 4-3
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Singapore recovered from a two-goal deficit to beat Laos 4-3 Saturday in the AFF Suzuki Cup and qualify for the semifinals.
Defending champion Malaysia also advanced by beating Indonesia 2-0.
Both teams finished Group B on six points each but Singapore got the top spot on goal difference.
Philippines play Singapore, and Malaysia meets unbeaten Thailand, in the semifinals which will be played on a home and away basis between Dec. 8-13.
Khampheng Sayavutthi and Keoviengphet Liththideth put Laos 2-0 ahead by the 40th minute before Singapore leveled through a brace from Mohammad Shahril Ishak.
Strikers Khairul Amri and Fazrul Nawaz scored in two minutes midway in the second half before Sayavutthi pulled one back through an 82nd minute penalty.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments