No. 9 Wildcats, No. 6 Cardinals set for showdown
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky and Louisville aren't just playing for Bluegrass State bragging rights.
Both the No. 9 Wildcats and No. 6 Cardinals have conference and national championship aspirations. It is the first time they will square off with both ranked in the top 10.
Both teams like to play an up-tempo game with a lot of defensive pressure.
Since losing to No. 1 Baylor, Kentucky (5-1) has won four straight by an average margin of nearly 44 points. The Wildcats are forcing 28 turnovers per game. Louisville (8-0) has also thrived by forcing opponents into an average of 21 turnovers per contest.
Sunday's matchup should be more competitive than recent meetings between the teams. The last five games in this intrastate rivalry have been won by an average margin of 22 points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures