Arnond wins King's Cup by 2 shots
KHON KAEN, Thailand (AP) — Arnond Vongvanij upstaged heavy favorites Thaworn Wiratchant and Mardan Mamat with a two-stroke victory in the King's Cup on Sunday to claim his first Asian Tour title.
The 23-year-old Thai, who qualified for the Asian Tour in January, shot a final round 64 including birdies on the 16th and 17th.
Arnond finished with an overall 22-under 266 at the Singha Park Kohn Kaen Golf Club. He said "I putted well and hit well and had some luck."
Singapore's Mamat (69) and Thailand's Thaworn (68) shared second place, 1 shot behind Arnond.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments