H: ° L: °,
Rubio says he feels good after 1st practice
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Ricky Rubio practiced with the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday for the first time this season. He says his surgically repaired left knee feels good and he's anxious to see how his body responds on Monday.
There is still no timetable for his first game. Rubio says he wants to be sure his knee is 100 percent before he comes back. Rubio tore the ACL and LCL in his knee last March. He was cleared by doctors to resume full-contact practice last week.
Coach Rick Adelman says Rubio's instincts and court vision haven't gone anywhere in the last nine months. The coach thinks it's only a matter of getting Rubio back into playing shape before he's ready to go.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena