No. 23 Nebraska to play No. 6 Georgia on Jan. 1
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The No. 23 Nebraska Cornhuskers will play No. 6 Georgia in the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day.
Bowl officials announced the selections on Sunday, one day after the Huskers' disappointing 70-31 loss to Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game.
Nebraska fell to No. 23 in The Associated Press top 25 after Saturday's loss. The Huskers had been ranked No. 14.
Nebraska played in last year's Capital One Bowl in Orlando, Fla., and lost to South Carolina 30-13.
Georgia is coming off a thrilling 32-28 loss to Alabama in the Southeastern Conference title game.
The Jan. 1 game will be played at noon central and televised on either ESPN or ABC.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort