Keselowski vows to lead during reign as champion
Brad Keselowski was his brash and bold self as he navigated the grueling Champion's Week schedule in Las Vegas.
When it came time to be champion, he absolutely delivered.
Keselowski left little doubt how much he appreciates his new role as Sprint Cup champion, calling for unity and promising to be a leader in helping the series grow.
His remarks came as NASCAR is preparing to launch a new car aimed at addressing the slide in attendance and television ratings. And Keselowski drives for Roger Penske, so he's aware of the ongoing struggles in the IndyCar Series.
Keselowski said after his Friday night speech that he wants to be a part of the solution in strengthening American motorsports.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort