No. 19 UCLA beats Loyola Marymount 86-66
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Markel Walker had 17 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists to lead five players in double figures, and No. 19 UCLA routed Loyola Marymount 86-66 on Sunday.
Alyssia Brewer had 14 points and 11 rebounds, and Kacy Swain added 14 points for the Bruins (4-1), who had a season-high 55 rebounds and were 22 of 25 from the free throw line. Atonye Nyingifa made all 10 of her free throws, where she scored all of her points.
Hazel Ramirez was the only player in double figures for the Lions (5-4) with 17 points. They remained winless in three road games and fell to 0-9 all-time against the Bruins. LMU's leading scorer Alex Cowling had nine points and 10 rebounds.
With Walker, Brewer and Corinne Costa standing 6-foot-1 or better, the Bruins held a decided advantage in the paint and it helped them outscore the Lions, 44-24.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes