Zenit and Anderlecht play for Europa League spot
MILAN (AP) — The only item left to determine in Group C of the Champions League is which side will qualify for the Europa League — Zenit St. Petersburg or Anderlecht.
Malaga has already won the group with 11 points, AC Milan has advanced in second place with eight points, while Zenit and Anderlecht both have four.
Zenit visits a Milan side Tuesday that appears set to rest top scorer Stephen El Shaarawy, while Anderlecht goes to Malaga.
Zenit is third on goal difference, with its head-to-head record with Anderlecht level.
So if both of the final group matches end in draws, Zenit will advance. Anderlecht needs to pick up more points than Zenit or move ahead on goal difference.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins