Cheyrou out with hamstring injury
MARSEILLE, France (AP) — French league title contender Marseille will be without midfielder Benoit Cheyrou for at least two weeks due to a hamstring injury.
Cheyrou limped off late in the first half during Sunday's 2-1 win at Brest, a victory which moved Marseille into second place — two points behind Lyon.
Marseille said on its website Monday that Cheyrou sustained a tear in his right hamstring, ruling him out for 15-18 days. He will miss the home match against Lorient and trips to Bastia and Toulouse, but could return for the home match against title rival Saint-Etienne on Dec. 23.
The 31-year-old Cheyrou has been a mainstay of Marseille's title campaign, starting all 15 league games so far.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater