Heisman finalists: Manziel, Te'o and Klein
NEW YORK (AP) — Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o and Kansas quarterback Collin Klein are the finalists for the Heisman Trophy.
NewsOK Related Articles
Manziel is the favorite to win college football's most famous player of the award when it is presented Saturday night in New York. He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the school's only Heisman in 1957.
Te'o is trying to become the first defense-only player to win a Heisman and the eighth player from Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish have had seven Heisman winners, tied for the most, but none since Tim Brown in 1987.
Klein would be the first player from Kansas State to win the Heisman.
The finalists were announced on Monday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater