St. Louis Rams building a passing game
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Sam Bradford can't help but be excited about the St. Louis Rams' passing attack.
After two seasons with some of the least impressive receivers in the league, the third-year quarterback sees his options increasing with each week. His current favorite target is rookie Chris Givens, who had a season-best 11 receptions in a 16-13 overtime victory against San Francisco on Sunday.
Givens' performance against the 49ers helped ease the loss of Danny Amendola, sidelined with a foot injury.
Eight players have double-digit receptions for the Rams. Brian Quick, a rookie, has seen limited action with just eight receptions but leads the team with an average of 17.3 yards per catch.
St. Louis (5-6-1) travels to Buffalo (5-7) on Sunday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims