MLB auction for Stand Up To Cancer raises $152K
NEW YORK (AP) — Major League Baseball's auction benefitting Stand Up to Cancer raised $152,700.
The commissioner's office said Friday a one-day public relations internship with the New York Yankees generated the highest bid at $8,125.
A chance to meet AL Rookie of the Year Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels was next at $7,425, followed by a ticket package for next year's All-Star game at New York's Citi Field that includes meeting Joe Torre and Tony La Russa ($6,527).
Breakfast with San Francisco outfielder Hunter Pence was next at $5,825, followed by a Washington Nationals draft day experience ($5,050). A private baseball lesson with San Diego first base coach Dave Roberts sold for $4,575. Roberts was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma two years ago.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims