Jefferson, Favors out, Kanter has 1st career start
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Center Al Jefferson and reserve power forward Derrick Favors have been ruled out of Utah's game against Toronto on Friday night because of injuries.
Second-year pro Enes Kanter will make his first career start in place of Jefferson.
Jefferson was coming off a 31-point, 15-rebound game against Orlando on Wednesday but couldn't finish because of back spasms. He vowed to be ready for the Raptors but coach Tyrone Corbin said it was best that Jefferson and Favors sit. This will be the fourth straight game Favors has missed because of plantar fasciitis in his right foot.
Jefferson leads Utah in scoring (17.4 points) and rebounding (10.7) and Favors is the team's leader in blocked shots.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation