Share “Carbon monoxide cited in Kansas hotel...”

Carbon monoxide cited in Kansas hotel incident

Published on NewsOK Modified: December 10, 2012 at 3:21 pm •  Published: December 10, 2012
Advertisement

GREENSBURG, Kan. (AP) — A south-central Kansas hotel has reopened after carbon monoxide exposure sent more than 30 people to a hospital where they were treated and released.

Sunday's incident caused a brief evacuation of the Best Western Inn & Suites in Greensburg.

Kiowa (KEYE'-oh-wuh) County Sheriff Kendal Lothman said Monday that several children had got out of the hotel swimming pool with dilated eyes and difficulty breathing.

Lothman says the children had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide believed to result from a water heater failing to vent properly. Guests were allowed back in their rooms later Sunday, but the pool area remains closed until the problem is fixed.

Hotel manager Ron Wright said Monday he was thankful nobody was seriously hurt.



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Oklahoma State places three walk-ons on scholarship
  2. 2
    VIDEO: Blake Griffin teasing Space Jam 2 in new Jordan commercial?
  3. 3
    Kermit and Miss Piggy break up after 40 years of Muppet love
  4. 4
    Multiple buildings on fire in downtown Hinton
  5. 5
    Carrie Underwood shares a new baby Isaiah photo
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending life Article