Josh Brown makes strong NFL return with Bengals
CINCINNATI (AP) — Light rain had just ended when Josh Brown lined up for a 52-yard field goal try in the third quarter, the game on the line. For the last three months, he'd hoped for this test.
Made it with room to spare.
Brown connected on all four of his field goal tries for the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, including that 52-yarder in the third quarter of a 20-19 loss to Dallas.
For Brown, it was a solid first step in trying to show the rest of the NFL that he's not finished since being released by the Jets at the end of training camp.
The 4-for-4 performance just might jump-start his career, even if it turns out to be his only game with the Bengals, who needed a kicker when Mike Nugent hurt his right calf during practice last week.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law