Yahoo adds 1 director as 2 board members exit
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Yahoo is adding a new director and parting ways with two other board members in the latest shake-up of the Internet company's hierarchy.
PayPal co-founder Max Levchin joins Yahoo's board while Intuit CEO Brad Smith and Weather Channel CEO David Kenny step down.
The changes announced Thursday pare Yahoo's board to 11 directors. All but one of them, former accounting executive Sue James, have joined Yahoo's board this year.
The overhaul is part of an effort to bring in new ideas as Yahoo tries to revive revenue growth and snap itself out of a malaise that has left its stock price well below where it stood five years ago.
Yahoo hired former Google Inc. executive Marissa Mayer five months ago to orchestrate the turnaround effort.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort