News Summary: Factory output rebounds in November
FACTORY OUTPUT: Production at U.S. factories rebounded 1.1 percent in November following a 0.7 percent drop in October. There were strong gains in the production of cars, equipment and appliances.
STORM IMPACT: The big swing in production primarily reflected the impact of Superstorm Sandy, which depressed output temporarily in October.
WEAK TRENDS: Analysts said that discounting the impact of the storm, the broader trend in manufacturing remains weak, reflecting the global slowdown and uncertainty among U.S. businesses over the outcome of federal budget talks.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad