Angels plan news conference for Hamilton deal
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The Los Angeles Angels have scheduled a news conference for Saturday to announce the signing of free-agent outfielder Josh Hamilton.
The team sent out a news release Friday saying it plans to make a major announcement Saturday at 11:30 a.m. PST at the ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney.
Hamilton agreed Thursday to a $125 million, five-year contract with the free-spending Angels, and the sides were working to finalize the deal. The 2010 AL MVP is leaving the AL West rival Texas Rangers, making him the latest high-profile star to migrate to Southern California.
Hamilton hit a career-high 43 home runs last season and batted .285 with 128 RBIs in 148 games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges