News Summary: Metals fall on manufacturing data
SLUGGISH METALS: Copper, silver and other industrial metals fell after a new survey showed manufacturing declined in December the New York area. It reflects a nationwide trend of sluggish manufacturing because of slower economic growth.
GOLD PERKS UP: Gold prices rose slightly on encouraging signs about U.S. budget negotiations. Unless a budget is in place Jan. 1, spending cuts and tax hikes will go into effect that some economists believe will push the U.S. into recession.
PRICE MIX: Prices rose for gold, oil and natural gas. Wheat and corn fell while soybeans were flat.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad