Nebraska outlasts Jacksonville State 59-55
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Dylan Talley hit a pair of free throws with 6 seconds left to seal Nebraska's 59-55 win over Jacksonville State Tuesday night.
Nebraska (7-3) led 50-35 after a pair of Talley free throws with 7 minutes remaining. Jacksonville State (8-3) then outscored the Cornhuskers 18-4, closing with 56-55 on Ronnie Boggs' corner 3-pointer with 23 seconds left.
Nebraska's Ray Gallegos made one of two free throws to put the Huskers up two. Then Jacksonville State's Chris Deanes drove the lane, missing a wide-open layup. Talley was fouled on the rebound and hit the clinching free throws.
Jacksonville State hit 9 of 10 free throws during its stretch surge. Nebraska made 5 of 8 from the line during that period, but managed only two field goals in the final 7 minutes while the Gamecocks hit five.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort