State releases 2013 North Carolina Travel Guide
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The newest guide to where to go and what to do in North Carolina is now available.
The North Carolina Division of Tourism, Film and Sports Development has unveiled "The Official 2013 North Carolina Travel Guide."
Two covers help promote the guide, which lists more than 800 attractions, nearly 4,000 accommodations and travel resources in every county. One cover features mountain kayaking in recognition of the Nantahala Gorge, site of the 2013 International Canoe Federation's World Freestyle Kayaking Championships.
Asheville's Grove Park Inn graces the other cover to mark its 100th anniversary.
The digital edition, available for Android and iOS, will switch between the two images.
Also, VisitNC.com is offering a chance to win a trip to Asheville and Bryson City with a Travel Guide Sweepstakes that runs through January.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes