Memphis' leading scorer not with team
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Rudy Gay, the Memphis Grizzlies' leading scorer, was not with the team for Wednesday night's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Team officials listed "personal reasons" as to why he was absent. No other information was immediately available.
Memphis last played on Saturday at Houston before taking three days off for the Christmas break.
Gay averages 18.2 points and 5.9 rebounds a game.
Quincy Pondexter took Gay's spot in the starting lineup.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes