Futures mixed with hours left before fiscal cliff
NEW YORK (AP) — Stock futures are mixed on the year's final day of trading, with lawmakers trying to push through a last-minute deal on the budget.
Dow Jones industrial futures are up 3 points to 12,780. The broader S&P futures have added 2.1 points to 1,386.10. Nasdaq futures are down 3 points to 2,583.
There is a shortened day for bond trading Monday, but it's a full day for the stock markets. Volume is very low, however.
There are now just hours to go before the midnight deadline for the nation's so-called "fiscal cliff," if no deal is reached.
More than $500 billion in 2013 tax increases would begin to take effect and $109 billion would be slashed from defense and domestic programs.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says negotiations are ongoing.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims