House GOP disinclined from holding late New Year’s Eve vote
House Republicans are disinclined from holding a late New Year’s Eve vote, meaning that the nation may technically go over the fiscal cliff after midnight, even if the Senate reaches a last minute deal.
“Rather than hold votes in the dark of the night it would make more sense to hold a vote in daylight tomorrow if the Senate comes up with a deal today,” a House leadership aide told the Washington Examiner.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister