2 campers die in Claiborne Parish

Published on NewsOK Modified: January 2, 2013 at 6:18 am •  Published: January 2, 2013
Advertisement
;

HOMER, La. (AP) — Claiborne Parish authorities say two people died from carbon monoxide poisoning while in a pop-up camper

Sheriff Ken Bailey tells KSLA TV (http://bit.ly/VYuexx ) 50-year-old Paul Pitts and 47-year-old Linda Scott were pronounced dead Sunday. Authorities say they fell asleep and never woke up.

Bailey says the victims were found in a pop-up camper that was inside a metal building near the Summerfield community northeast of Homer.

He says a generator was being used to power an electric heater. The generator was inside the building.


Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    High school football: Sperry rallies for win week after lineman dies
  2. 2
    New video shows beheading of British aid worker David Haines by Islamic State group
  3. 3
    OU football: Jordan Phillips breaks out 'Shmoney dance' after sack against Tennessee
  4. 4
    VIDEO: Oklahoma State WR Brandon Sheperd catches 18-yard touchdown from Daxx Garman
  5. 5
    OSU football: J.W. Walsh watches first quarter of OSU-UTSA from the top of Boone Pickens Stadium
+ show more