These are the two things you need to know about curb appeal: You have seven to ten seconds to make a first impression; details make up the whole. Paying particular attention to details will ensure that the whole front view of your house makes a super first impression. This check list will provide you with a rubric of details to pay attention to when you are putting your house on the market.
1. Is the lawn trimmed and neat? Have brown patches in the grass been replaced or repaired?
2. Have all borders been edged?
3. Are trees and bushes neatly trimmed?
4. If your yard lacks trees and bushes, do you have plans to plant some?
5. Have you hidden unsightly features, like a central air conditioning unit, with green plants?
6. Have you removed all clutter and debris from your lawn and driveway?
1. Is your driveway cracked or chipped? If so, repave it.
2. Is your walkway in good repair? If you have a walkway made of bricks or pavers, weed in between the bricks or pavers, and replace any broken or chipped bricks or pavers. Be sure to edge around the front walk. For paver replacement inspiration, Artistic Paver Mfg., a concrete contractor in Miami who specializes in pavers, has posted some awesome pictures on Hometalk.com.
Continue reading this story on the...