NV officials defend incentives for video game firm

Published on NewsOK Modified: January 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm •  Published: January 6, 2013
Advertisement
;

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Top Nevada economic development officials are defending a decision to offer incentives to a video game company under attack by the National Rifle Association.

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre has cited Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.'s "Grand Theft Auto" game while arguing that curtailing violent video games is more important than gun control.

Last month, the Nevada Economic Development Board approved a plan to invest $600,000 in tax dollars toward the New York-based company's plans to relocate a quality assurance group to Las Vegas.

Gov. Brian's Sandoval's economic development director, Steve Hill, told the Las Vegas Sun (http://bit.ly/VtaJ1W ) that he's happy Take-Two chose to move 150 high-paying jobs to Las Vegas.

He says it's unfair to imply a correlation between the kinds of games Take-Two makes and gun violence.